Things to consider before investing in a website...
- Does my company need a website? How important is it to my business?
- Do you want to invest in paid advertising or are you expecting all traffic to be organic?
- What is your time-frame for completion? How much of your own time can you invest?
- What type of website do you need? An eCommerce website, Potfolio website, Brochure website, CMS website, etc?
- Would you rather work with a web development company or a freelancer?
- What style of website do you like? Do you have any examples that you could show?
- How many pages do you need and what would they contain?
- What functionality would your website need? Chatbot, contact form, online bookings, etc.
- You can potentially save on costs if you can bring some value to the projects. For example; logos, images, advertising, photographs, etc
If you have lots of free time and want to save on costs, it may be an option to develop your own website. There are some great online website builders such as Webflow, Wix and Wordpress. However, it is important to not that this route can have quite a steep learning curve.